M Y M A K E U P
This is my face in product form. It’s what I use every day. What I can’t live without. You get the jist….
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation – My skin in a bottle + SPF.
- MAC False Lashes mascara – This possibly trumps the mascara titans: Lancome. My best mascara find for 2011.
- Bobbi Brown concealor in Golden – The make up artist at the Essence mag shoot recommended it for me and I’ve been hooked using it ever since.
- MAC Blacktrack eyeliner – once dry it stays on till you have to take it off. Great for winged liner look.
- MAC slanted brush – I used this with item 4. MAC brushes are my favourite.
- Lorac blush in Pink – Gives a pretty colour flush when applied lightly on the cheek apples
- MAC blush in Gingerly – a make up artist from SAKS used this on me years ago and she gave me one of the best makeovers ever. To this day I regret not asking for her contact info. This is my most used blush.
- Eyebrowz brow pencil. It’s a natural colour I apply with a brow brush to fill in my sparse brows.
- Rosebud Salve – no explanation necessary.
- L’Oreal Extra Intense liquid pencil – This is hall of fame sh**. Best pencil I’ve found. The make up artist from the mag shoot agreed and was wearing it.
- MAC Smoulder eye pencil – I’m on my 128th pencil now? I apply it thick into lashes and smudge a bit. Also never found better to intensify smokey eyes.
M Y S K I N C A R E
I have oily T-zone skin and it reacts to anything new so I stick to the same products that I found work through years of trial and error. I’ve used SAGE for years now in New York (it’s only available online. They do trial sizes I think). Ponds I’ve been using since growing up in London.
- SAGE Facial Shampoo (I use this after # 2) – extremely gentle and concentrated. Rinses clean.
- SAGE Corrective Grains (I use this 1st) – a daily use very gentle exfoliator. I ice my face after (see SAGE to see how to use).
- SAGE SPF 27. I never leave without an SPF. I usually use SPF 40 so am using this till they re-stock. Leaves a matte finish that’s not drying which I like.
- The Body Shop Camomile Eye make up remover – as gentle as water but removes thick make up in a single swipe. I’ll never use anything else. Excuse the peeling label – I clearly need a new one.
- Ponds Cold Cream – I first started using it after my UK model friend and her sisters swore by it years ago while I grew up in London. They were right. I have never used anything else since to remove ‘my face’ every night. Ever.
* * *
I’m thinking of sharing a couple of how to posts of how I create my favourite make up looks. Stay tuned for the new year.