Usually you can tell the difference between the high/low versions of shoes. The quality, the cut, the hardware. But every now and then I see a ‘version of’ that makes me think. Case in point for the top two versions of Tabitha Simmons and Stella McCartney. For the bottom pair the difference is more noticeable.
There will always be those scoffing at the merits of buying the high or the low and I see the value on both sides. I swing both ways – case in point with my red Underground Blitz boots and Balenciaga boots.
My question is just because you have the budget, should buying high always be the automatic choice?
1. Underground Original ‘Blitz’ boots
2. Tabitha Simmons ‘Early’ boots
3. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Mulder’ boots
4. Stella McCartney platform boots
5. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Coltrane’ boots
6. Balenciaga Buckle Strap Cut Out boots